Crab cakes are a renowned dish in the united states. Classic crab cakes are created with crab meat and other ingredients including eggs, mayonnaise seasonings, etc.
The sweet, mild flavor of crab sparkles in this recipe for Classic Crab Cakes. This light but hearty seafood staple mainly relies on ingredients that are already in your fridge and kitchen and comes together in less than 30 minutes. We’ve also inserted a salmon variation if you’re not in the mood for crab.
- ⅔ cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- ground red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 200g lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- Couple 1/3 cup panko and the next 10 ingredients (through egg) in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Adjoin crab; stir gently just until combined.
- Put remaining 1/3 cup panko in a shallow dish. Using wet hands, shape the crab mixture into 4 equal balls. Overlap balls in panko.
- Firmlyflatten balls to form 4 (4-inch) patties.
- Warm a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to overlap. Adjoin patties; cook for 2-3minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with lemon wedges.
Variation: Salmon Cakes Prepare Classic Crab Cakes recipe, substituting 200g cooked, flaked salmon for the crab. Serves 4 (serving size: One salmon cake and one lemon wedge) Calories 210; Fat 11g
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 181 calories;
- fat 7.8g;
- Protein 16.3g;
- carbohydrates 8.8g;
- fiber 1g;
The crabmeat’s sugary and mild flavor is sparked by the blend of other ingredients. The classic crab cakes recipe is just a 3-step preparation and ready to serve!
We love this recipe and we know you will too. This is as easy as it gets, so what is your excuse now? Get yourself started today and Stay tuned for more such keto weight loss journeys, health content, and recipes! Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for the daily dose of the Keto Lifestyle!